HOME / DOOR HARDWARE REPAIR & REPLACEMENT
/ Commercial Door Hinge Repair & Replacement
If your door has problems with closing or the door settling is tilted, then you need to think about repairing the door hinges. Our team specializes in doors and has extensive experience to provide you with qualified assistance. We offer a wide range of reliable and affordable services for commercial door hinges in Toronto and the greater Toronto area.
Variety of door hinges
Any installed door is characterized by the presence of a hinge. This allows you to open, rotate or turn the door. Any variant of loops consists of a sash, fist, pin and sleeve. All these components are similar for different types of doors, however the main part is different. Depending on the type of door, you have to choose different types of hinges as well as their number. So for entrance doors, where usually the door’s weight is rather heavy, more hinges are needed than for office interior doors, and the hinges for them are made differently and with another property. There is also a large variation of doors for commercial buildings and depending on their manufacturing technology they will require different types of hinges. The hinges have a load when opening and closing the door and therefore over a long period of operation they tend to break. They need to be repaired or replaced because in the event of a critical condition of the hinge, it may change a critical property, break and severely damage the frame. We provide services such as:
- Commercial door hinges repair.
- Private door hinge repair.
- Small details replacing.
- Installation of new commercial door hinge with doors or door frames.
- Door hinge installation
Usually in commercial places like an office or a business center, the following types of hinges are installed:
- Hinged hinges. Usually 2-3 hinges are used to fix one pair of doors. However, this type of hinge can quickly loosen and become broken, depending on the door’s weight, which for commercial doors is usually heavy. That is, the hinges will have a large load, so their installation is advisable on light doors. Otherwise replacing door hinges will be a rather regular occurrence.
- Solid loop. This type is attractive because it is mounted along the entire length of the door and does not wear out or get broken quickly. This gives additional stability, which is recommended in cases of heavy duty scenarios often encountered in industrial or other commercial settings.
Swivel hinges. Are used, but often have a problem with damage to the screws. If you do not install additional dowels to fix door hinges, the screw will eventually weaken and pop out of the holes.
Common Commercial Door Hinge Repair Services
We work with experienced specialists and modern tools for fixing all kinds of doors or replacing all broken parts, including handles, hinges, remote sensors and automatic systems to ensure their proper functioning in any circumstances.
- Commercial Door Hinge Repair & Replacement
- Commercial Door Closer Repair
- Commercial Door Push Bar Repair
How to understand that the door hinges need to be repaired?
If the door starts to sag or stick, you need to take care of the door hinges even in the office. Timely repairs not only eliminate the problem with door hinges and screws, but whether they are performed or not can also break or extend the life of the door. Often instead of a full replacement one of the following procedures is enough:
- Loop adjustment procedures. Under the weight of the door, the hinge fastening may loosen, especially if short screws have been used. Therefore, gradually the door begins to sag, which has to be adjusted with time. To circumvent this problem you should use long screws for fixing. fix
- Fixing stripped screw holes. In order for the hinges to be aligned with the door, it is necessary to check the fastening of the hinges with screws. For greater reliability it is necessary to install them on dowels.
- Sand the door. In order for the door to move more smoothly, it is necessary to make the edges smooth. This will ensure a frictionless movement of the door along with all the openings.
Professional help with commercial door hinges issues
If your door has not been treated early enough, you will need to take action to fix its hinges. Depending on the situation, you will have to apply one of the following procedures:
- Commercial door hinge replacement. If you have one, several or even all broken loops there is no alternative to replacement. The fewer damaged loops, the faster and easier the fixing and replacing them will be. To replace one you will not even need to dismantle the door, but during operation you need to be careful and do not overload the door during the fixing process. Otherwise the additional load on the remaining hinges could lead to more broken ones and necessitate replacing them as well.
- Installation of door hinges. This process can be available to anyone. If you are replacing a door and frame, installation may be difficult. Thus, to facilitate this process, you should immediately buy a door with hinges That are already mounted. Otherwise, due to the complexity of this work, you should contact professionals, or order installation assistance from the contractor when buying a door.
- Commercial door hinges repair. When preventive measures no longer work, but the hinges generally only have small deviations from their ideal state, it will make sense to fix door’s hinges. Often you can encounter squeaks or other uncharacteristic sounds, in such cases it will usually be enough to lubricate the curtains and drapes with special oils.It can however also be necessary to fix the screws and make an adjustment. There are other problems that are more specific and you can eradicate them by contacting a company which specializes in commercial door hinge`s services.
Commercial Door Hinge Repair & Replacement in GTA
We do not work exclusively with customers located in Toronto. All commercial property owners in the Greater Toronto Area should consider hiring us for their commercial doors and windows repair, installation or replacement as well. You can call us and get high-quality service for an affordable price no matter where exactly you are located and what kind of building you are running. Our skillful professionals can help you to deal with all kinds of commercial door issues and handle the transporting of all necessary materials, including aluminum doors, wooden elements and heavy glass for a commercial door repair or replacement.
We realize that time efficiency is crucial for our customers, especially if they are looking for emergency repair, that is why reacting fast is our top priority. Regardless of whether you are in the center of Toronto or further in the Greater Toronto Area, we will meet your request as fast as possible to ensure that your building goes back into the business without any unwanted delay. Call us to work with office buildings, restaurants, hotels or any kind of commercial building in the Greater Toronto Area and we will make sure that all your entrances are safe, convenient and energy-efficient.
Request a Quote